...nothing is left to guesswork.

Recent Work:
An investigation of connected exceptive constructions and scalarity
Except-phrases and "only" presentation notes
Donkey Anaphora and Variable-Free Semantics

Monday, July 03, 2006

Puzzling!

Jeff Veen (found by way of del.icio.us Hotlist in the past hour) has a nutty anecdote about a mysterious woman at a payphone instructing the person at the other end of the conversation to rm -r *. My command-line skills are paltry at best, but I'm glad that should someone ever tell me to enter that in my command line, I'll know well how to react. (Also of interest about that story, I think, is that the person issuing the command was a woman...see what happens when women start getting a little tech-savvy? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home