...nothing is left to guesswork.

Recent Work:
An investigation of connected exceptive constructions and scalarity
Except-phrases and "only" presentation notes
Donkey Anaphora and Variable-Free Semantics

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blaaargh.

I somehow managed to install SBCL all on my own (despite my super shoddy knowledge of Unix commands), only to find that Practical Common Lisp offers a number of implementations with its Lisp in a Box packages. The packages also come with the old-school gnu-icon'ed Emacs, so I feel double silly now. Oh well, at least I'm up and running again.

(My first introduction to functional programming–to programming, for that matter–was with Common Lisp, but it only lasted about 2 weeks before I found my way to Scheme. At the time, Scheme was a better language for me because it was so simple. But as there's no Practical Scheme book, it seems like now might be a good time to make the switch back to CL.)

Oh, infix notation...how I have missed thee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home