...nothing is left to guesswork.

Recent Work:
An investigation of connected exceptive constructions and scalarity
Except-phrases and "only" presentation notes
Donkey Anaphora and Variable-Free Semantics

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm aware of the fact that to have a steady readership, one must regularly update one's blog with interesting content, and that recently, I haven't been doing that at all. A few reasons for this include:

1) Anxiety over my ability to actually produce interesting content for an entry, and losing at attempt to overcome the anxiety to actually post.

2) I've been learning Java. And while I'd someday like for my blog to tackle both issues of language and computation, there's very little report as far as programming goes right now. Anonymous inner classes are great, but I don't think they're news to anyone else. Although, I have been tinkering with Google's Web Tookit, and it's very cool. Anyways, so there's really not much I can say about programming right now that will be either useful or interesting to anybody, and as I'm spending most of my time getting more proficient with programming, I've been spending less time on language. But I've been reading Syntactic Structures, and perhaps there will be some thoughts later on that.

3) I've been in sort of a malaise since commencement. Not needing to wake up at 5am makes me confused in the mornings.

That's really all I have to say for now. Banal, I know. But keep coming back! There will be more to come (I hope).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home