...nothing is left to guesswork.

Recent Work:
An investigation of connected exceptive constructions and scalarity
Except-phrases and "only" presentation notes
Donkey Anaphora and Variable-Free Semantics

Monday, April 17, 2006

I read Kai von Fintel's "Exceptive Constructions" this weekend (after another stupidly long battle with the USC library system) and am overwhelmed. Now to think about what exceptives and "only" have to do with each other...I find free exceptives very interesting, especially since they seem to be more lenient in what the exception may be.

I'm also finding that I have a hard time sleeping. I've been having nightmares about...graduate school, the hog industry, showing up late for class, being chased by lambda, and the solo performance show next week:

And unfortunately, I'm much more interested in exceptives than rehearsing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home