...nothing is left to guesswork.

Recent Work:
An investigation of connected exceptive constructions and scalarity
Except-phrases and "only" presentation notes
Donkey Anaphora and Variable-Free Semantics

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Conversations I've had with my cell phone: Part I.

Me: Cell phone, are you going to wakey me later?
Cell phone: (looks demure)
Me: Ok, that's a yes then.


And wouldn't you know it, but it did vibrate jut 10 minutes later. Perhaps I should give the cell phone a name, like Rosinante.

I have a feeling that even if I hadn't been awoken by the buzzing, the pain in my shoulders would have gotten me up still. I've developed some sort of lovely disorder where my shoulders are so tense that when I try to sleep, they cause me enough pain to wake me within twenty minutes. How does one achieve such a feat? The tried-and-true method of no sleep + stress + more no sleep + more stress. Repeat as necessary for the duration of nine months.

No student but Emma talks in her sleep to her cell phone. Oooh. Binding.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home